Sunday 19 December 2010

1 Week To Go.

Hello, good afternoon and yuletide felicitations from my new blog.

This doesn't mark the death of my other blog, perish the thought; this blog will be focusing on food (an ever growing fascination and obsession) and food alone.

I have long been interested in food and drink and have become a bit of a foodie (whatever that word actually means.) I type this whilst watching Delia Smiths Christmas Collection on what I think can be described as my favourite TV channel GoodFood (or UKTV Food as I am still inclined to call it.)

Christmas and the abundant bounty of festive cooking shows go hand in hand. It simply wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't watch Delia cutting holly leaves from marzipan, or Nigella slinking around her fairy-lit kitchen, Fanny Cradock abusing a goose with two forks or the Two Fat Ladies feeding choir boys creations in aspic doused in alcohol.

Every December I am more than happy to watch the same cookery programmes as I did the year before but for me this has become tradition. Christmas after all is dictated by tradition and some things have to stay the same to give you that warm, cosey nostalgic feeling. A cup of strong Chai tea, Rick Steins Festive Food Heroes a few chocolates and a pair of soft pyjamas, bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment